July 7th, 2009 | written by Simon
SeftonÂ Court is a Michelin approved bed and breakfast in Llandudno, North Wales.
David White of Whitekite design, a close working partner of mine, won the contract to redesign the hotel website and he asked me to develop the front-end online booking system with room availability checker together with a back-end booking management application. Having looked at the option of a Joomla!-based CMS with room booking component I was commissioned in the end to develop an entirely original and bespoke application. We are now very close to launching the site, so please come back shortly to see the results!
This bespoke online hotel booking managment system includes:
- Entirely bespoke fully featured hotel booking management system
- Online automated room availability checker
- Room reservation application with secure hosting
- Encrypted temporary storage of payment details
- Hooks up easily to any online payment gateway
- Back-end administration for managing rooms, images, descriptions, rates
- Back-end booking management for manual override
- Automated email notifications
- PHP, MySQL, SSL, cryptography